Ready for the Weekend is the second album by Calvin Harris. It was first released in Australia on 14 August 2009 and was released in the United Kingdom on 17 August 2009. It was released on 18 August 2009 in digital format and on 6 October 2009 in CD format in the United States by Ultra Records. It was certified as Gold in the UK on 16 October 2009 for sales of 100,000 copies.
Calvin Harris had been working on the album since the release of his first album, I Created Disco, with the first tracks being recorded in 2008. On 3 April 2008 Harris stated that the only existing copy of his upcoming album work was lost when his laptop was misplaced during the baggage handling problems at the opening of London Heathrow Terminal 5. He later stated on the BBC's Glastonbury Festival 2008 coverage that he got his baggage back including the album within a few days. Harris recently admitted however that this was a lie as the album was not in his luggage at all, and that he hoped that what he said would buy him some more time to finish recording the LP.
"Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La" was also used in a Coca-Cola advertisement in the summer of 2009.
- Lead single, "I'm Not Alone", was released in April 2009. The song was one of the UK's most awaited tracks of 2009 after Harris performed the song for the first time in Sydney, Australia, as part of a New Year's celebration for 2009. The song went straight to #1 on the UK Single Charts, knocking off Lady Gaga's "Poker Face". The song spent 2 weeks at #1 on the UK Singles Charts, before dropping to #3 in its third week. In total the song spent 24 weeks on the UK Singles Charts.
- Second single, "Ready for the Weekend", was released on 10 August 2009. The song went straight in the UK Singles Charts at #3, beating Peter Andre's comeback single "Behind Closed Doors" which peaked at #4. The song managed to stay on the UK Singles Charts for 11 weeks.
- "Flashback" was released on 2 November 2009. The song first entered the UK Charts three weeks before its release. The song debuted at #56 on the UK Singles Charts on only strong downloads alone. In its second week it rose to #30. It has so far peaked at #18 on the UK Charts, but is the first single from the album not to make the UK Top 10.
- "You Used to Hold Me", was confirmed in December 2009 and then released on 8 February 2010
- The Rain
- Ready for the Weekend
- Stars Come Out
- You Used to Hold me
- I'm Not Alone
- Worst Day
- Burn's Night
- Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, La, La, La,
- Dance Wiv Me